Friday 18 April 2008

Drifting

Is drifting being lost?!

Most of my life I have drifted, meaning, I never thought far ahead or made many plans. I was never the type of person who would say "When I grow up I want to be ___ (insert any given profession)!!!". Of course I had my own childhood dreams, to be a Ballerina, but, at the age of 10, school became more important. After that I decided to be a Mathematician, however, when I reached the 10th grade I felt like I was not suited to be one. So I decided to study Biology (seeing that I was so good at that). And I did, I am now a Biologist. I even have a Master's degree in Plant Biology. But, once again, I find myself at a crossroad, in which what I did until now does not give me the pleasure it used to give and the sense of fulfilment. To tell you the truth I did not feel accomplished when I finally defended my Master's Thesis; I felt relieved for closing that door.

But now what?!
What is the next step?!

No one can tell me because that is something that only I ca decide. And, above all, I do not wish to be given the answer. (Well, when I feel desperate I do, but only in those moments!!!)

I feel like the stream that has brought me here has somewhat stagnated. SO, am I lost or without a stream to drive me?!

Is drifting being lost or being a little careless?!
I don't see myself as careless, because, once I engage in something, I will give my all to accomplish it.

Oh well, I think it is now time to find myself a new stream and see where it will lead me.

Does it sound like I believe in fate?!
One thing is certain, I don't believe in coincidences, but I do believe in freewill...

As a final note I have to say that I admire the people who, from a young age, know what they want to be and really do work hard to accomplish their dreams (no matter what comes in their way). They have my full respect.

No comments: