Wednesday 17 September 2008

The first concert of the month...

Tricky @ The Independent on September 14th was the first concert of this month.

So how was it?!

It could have been better is my first comment. Supposedly, Tricky had been hospitalized earlier in the day and he had to check himself out of the hospital to go to the concert, since the doctors did not want him to leave. This said it's true that he was using is inhaler, but it's also true the he was smoking pot through out the all concert... I would say that is not a very good combination...

I'm not familiar with his music and it was the first time that I saw him live. He somehow had a more secondary role that what I expected him to have, in some musics he did not even sing. And he the ones that he sung his vocals resembled more backing vocals than main vocals. They played a curious version of The Cure's Love Cats. In the end I have to say that I liked it, but I would like to see him live again when he is supposedly not sick, to see if there is any difference. To see if there is more energy on stage, because the crowd seemed to be really in to it.

There were two good surprises that night, the first was the venue... it's a good venue for more intimate concerts (it takes about 370 persons); and I'm going there next week for another concert with Sugizo, so even if I'm by the bar I'll be close enough to the stage to have a good look at him. The second was the opening act, Sonny... an electronic group with no bass-line (or at least with no live bass player), but with a fantastic drum section and curious vocals. Here's the link for his/their myspace.

I'm sorry to say that I did not take any photos, because I did not know if I was allowed. But I now know that I can take pictures if I do not use any flash. So... I'm planning to take a bunch of photos from the Juno Reactor and Sugizo concert. :)

No comments: