Monday 15 February 2010

Canção de Engate - António Variações

After yesterday's depressing post, I decided to share with you all a music from my childhood from one of Portugal's most innovative artists from the 1980's. :) 
I know it's been almost 30 years, but it is an amazing song. 
Actually, my first real recollection of this song is a cover, even though I think I have always known it was not the original. So, I decided to share both versions and the lyrics. Unfortunately I have not found the translation and I lack the confidende to do it myself (I am a Biology major not an English major..., but I might try to persuade my Sister... hihihi).

On with the videos:

Original: António Variações
(credits to MASMP @ YouTube)

To be honest, I do not remember hearing this version, but I liked it.

Cover: Delfins
(credits to nelsoncarmo26 @ Youtube)

 Lyrics (credits to LT):
Tu estás livre e eu estou livre
e há uma noite para passar
porque não vamos unidos
porque não vamos ficar
na aventura dos senti - dos

tu estás só e eu mais só estou
que tu tens o meu olhar
tens a minha mão aberta
à espera de se fechar
nessa tua mão deser- ta

vem que o amor
não é o tempo
nem é o tempo
que o faz
vem que o amor
é o momento
eu que eu me dou
em que te dás
tu que buscas companhia
e eu que busco quem quiser
ser o fim desta energia
ser um corpo de prazer
ser o fim de mais um di - a

tu continuas à espera
do melhor que já não vem
e a esperança fio encontrada
antes de ti por alguém
e eu sou melhor que na - da
refrão (3x)

And the usual links:

António Variações - Wiki
Delfins - Myspace

No comments: