Friday 26 February 2010

I do not consider myself a feminist, but...

... there are things that are beyond my comprehension. And this is one of them (please click on the picture to enlarge and read the text):

 
(credits to whoever first posted this online)

I know that we are talking about a completely different decade. the World was a completely different place in the 1960s. But still, to me, it is shocking to see something like this written and to actually acknowledge that this was the kind of role that was expected from women at that time: unopiniated, obedient, complaint to your husband's wills (whatever they are) and untitled to even feel pleasure... wow...

And I think that I will leave you with that, because I might start exposing my opinion too fiercely...

I would like to "hear" your thoughts on this.

No comments: