Monday 14 May 2007

Who Moved my Cheese?!

Last night I read a book called: "Who Moved my Cheese?" (by Dr. Spencer Johnson).
It is about how to prepare and deal with changes in your live. It is written in very smart and simple way, and I think that it goes straight to the point. It was quite a pleasant book to read.
So here are the lessons from the book:
  • If you do not change, you will get close to extinction.
  • What would you do if you were not afraid?!
  • Smell your cheese frequently, so that you know when it is getting old.
  • Moving towards a new direction will help to find the New Cheese.
  • When you move beyond your fears you feel free.
  • Imagining myself tasting the New Cheese, even before I find it, will take me to it.
  • Sooner you get rid of the Old Cheese, the faster you will find the New Cheese.
  • It is safer to look after the cheese in the labyrinth than to remain in a situation without cheese.
  • Old beliefs do not lead to the New Cheese.
  • When you see that you might find and appreciate the New Cheese, you change your way.
  • Noticing the little changes in time, will help you to prepare for the big changes that are coming.

(Note: I translated the text myself, so any errors and imprecisions are my fault.)

If you are going through a change in your life either professional or emotional, I recommend you to read it.

No comments: