Wednesday 9 July 2008

San Francisco - first impressions...

Cold... very cold...

Coming to San Francisco, in the state of California, one would expect a very comfortable temperature... well I'm sorry to say that the weather in San Francisco, most of the times, is equivalent to the beginning of Spring in Portugal. That is to say, it's to f*****g cold for this time of the year. And to think that I considered bringing my Winter jacket and decided to leave it at home... I only have summer jackets...

Another characteristic of San Francisco is the fog, rare is the day that is free of fog... and it's an heavy fog. It usually starts to settle at the end of the afternoon beginning of the night, it's quite spectacular to see it coming from the hills into the bay. But you know that you are going to be cold when you are out in the street that night.

Ohh, and the hills... they are pretty but a pain in the a** to climb... here is a photo from when we went looking for a house and ended up going almost to the top of one of this hills:
(The image won't upload, I'll try again later... FINALLY IT WORKED!!)

But I have to confess that I'm liking my stay here, even if until now I haven't had that much time for myself. Maybe now that I already have a house I can start to relax and get into my own special rhythm.

And another thing, the cars are huge... really huge, even the small ones are big when compared to Europe. Of course from time to time you see a Toyota Yaris or a Mini, but that is rare.

More to come when I have the time and the right feeling to write. :)

No comments: