Friday 27 June 2008

The last post in Portuguese soil?! Maybe...

After two "quick" passages through American soil without having to board a plane I obtained my visa to the States.

On the same day that I went to pick my passport, with the before mentioned visa, my flight (or should I say flights) to San Francisco was confirmed. And what I didn't want to happen is going to happen, that is we are not going to have a direct flight from Europe to San Francisco. Nope, we are going to do a small (3h25m) pit stop in Newark Liberty International (Newark). Which is going to be better for us if we consider the amount of time that a direct flight would take (around 14h). The way things are planned now we are going to do two smaller flights of 8h10m (from Lisbon to Newark) and 6h20m (from Newark to San Francisco). God, I'm going to end this journey so dead...

I'm leaving from Porto airport at 9h30 and will arrive at San Francisco at 21h40 (local time), which corresponds to 4h in the morning in Portugal. I'm curious about how will I be at the end of the day (yeah, I know I'm a bit of a sadistic... because, of course, I will be as fresh as in the morning :P).

So tomorrow and the day after tomorrow I'll be busy packing and trying not to forget anything important.

But I'm feeling so calm about everything... I'm really surprised with myself... Probably won't sleep from Sunday to Monday. Ohh yeah, I stil haven't told when I'me leaving... hihi... Ok, so that should be Monday, June 30th 2008 from Porto to (Lisbon -> Newark ->) San Francisco.

Bye... I probably will not post again before I get there.

No comments: